Greater Spokane Valley Career Technical Education Scholarship
High school seniors and prior graduates of Spokane Valley high schools who have participated in CTE courses during their high school career and are pursuing a degree or certificate in a trade or an apprenticeship program. Students who attended the following school districts are eligible: Spokane Valley Tech, Central Valley, East Valley, West Valley and Freeman.
- Supplemental Questions
- Summary of career-technical skill competencies including student’s post-secondary plans. Summarize the skills attained in your chosen CTE pathway. Explain your skill level and how these relate to your future including your short and long-term plans and how you will achieve the next step in your education/training plan. (You may also include other school activities/classes that have assisted you in attaining these skills).
- Explain why you have chosen this pathway. Why does this ignite your passion? Be detailed.
- Attach a Letter of Recommendation from CTE instructor on school letterhead. (Preferred, but not mandatory – candidates with letters of recommendation will be weighted higher than those candidates without).
- If you do not have the letter of recommendation currently, please enter the correct email address of your reference to request they submit it on your behalf.
- Include a current copy of your transcript (for current high school students include all CTE Coursework) AND attach a list of classes that you are taking that are not reflected on the transcript.